Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ceiling Fans...I hate thee

I love Heath... but he is not handy. I know he can do things around the house like hang pictures that are heavy, program an elaborate home theater system, make the computer work when it won't, and he can replace a sprinkler head in 40 seconds flat. But I need more.
I bought ceiling fans. Heath thought he could put them up. Well one look after he had removed the old light fixture down to bare wires, opened the box, looked at the instructions and he said " this is way over my head"
I was so heartbroken. I really wanted my fans up. I paid good money for a husband. and the ceiling fans and both were not working out.
SO I did what any woman would do I called one of his "handy" friends. Which entails Mike and Jay. Both friends of ours from High School.
Jay came and installed one. Then Heath felt emasculated and put up the other .
Then they didn't put the right supports for the heavy ceiling fans and had to tear my house apart again. That only took 4 hours. Now one of the fans will only spin on low. Arrrgh!

Why am I not handy. Then I could do things myself. I am handy, I just can't lift a ceiling fan.

4 comments:

candiceshawnshepherd said...

Haha.. I have 3 light fixtures sitting by our front door- they've been there for over 2 months now! Even if they are handy, how do you get them to actually do things when you need them done? Wish we could have chatted more at the office... let me know if you girls have a girls night soon. I'd love to come!

emlizalmo said...

You are hilarious! I needed a good laugh. :)

MommyMert said...

LOL--sorry about the ceiling fans. At least low is better than nothing.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Although Troy is handy, our ceiling fan is still sitting in the box. He has no time, but he won't pay for someone else to do it. I admire him for that, but since I'm totally useless when it comes to projects, the fan stays in the box for now. I tried to help with the last ceiling fan and somehow made the blades crooked.