Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Eruption Cyst...

Addi has been so crabby the last couple of days and I couldn't figure it out. I have been busy doing Christmas stuff, and just thinking she is not getting enough attention. Then my mom watched her on Tuesday and suggested that she might be getting her first molars. I know this stuff!!!...I've been a Dental Assistant for 10 years! I didn't even think she could be teething and getting her first molars yet. So I did what any strange person that likes to look in peoples mouths did and jammed my fingers up there and sure enough its not only teething she has a huge eruption cyst/hematoma on her upper left. It looks SO painful. And there is nothing I can do about it... I hate this part. No antibiotics, nothing. Her little body will take care of it on its own. Yuck. I feel helpless and neglectfull. I know this stuff, but it doesn't make me feel any better.

6 comments:

MommyMert said...

So hard to be a MOm with this sorta stuff. Lots of hugs and snuggles. :) Good luck.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

poor little thing! I am scared for teething too...

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Poor Girl!! That sucks. Just give her lots of Tylenol

Melissa Yergensen said...

Poor baby! That is seriously so sad, it makes my stomach turn. I hope it gets better soon! For her sake ... and yours! :)

emlizalmo said...

Yuck. I am so sorry Addison. I hate babies in pain. Sorry for you too Christy.

Michelle said...

Sad. But you are a good mommy. All she needs is love. (and a disney movie snuggle on the couch, even if it only lasts for 10 minutes.)