Monday, December 1, 2008

My house is in shambles....

I love the Christmas Season. I start listening to Christmas music in October. I love it, it makes me happy, in kind of a serial killer sort of way but...happy non the less. But I am seriously thinking of bagging the tree, wreaths, ornaments, nativity etc.. that I have and cherish. A one year old and glass ball ornaments do not mix. The tree is already up and the lights strung but that is as far as I've gotten. Its either me chasing the cat from under the tree from destroying the presents or keeping Addi out of the BINS of decorations that are strewn around my house. I'm supposed to have a cheerful attitude about the whole thing. I feel guilty for not loving this. At my wits end with the decorations is not a good place to be. On top of it I am doing neighbor gifts, family gifts, pie, turkey, and a gazillion family parties to attend and the ward clerk HASSLING me about tithing settlement? Seriously he called twice yesterday to set up an appt. I ignored him the second time. He probably would have been the person to sling my wrath upon but I refrained. so proud
I want to start a fire in my back yard and throw every Christmas decoration/thing in it and laugh hysterically. Does no one feel the same way I do?

4 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I just started decorating and we only have a tree up. Maybe I should quit there and learn from your experience. Whenever I say, "No Touch", Erica translates that to mean, "Touch as often as possible".

Loni said...

You're so funny! Nothing is easy with kids! But they do grow out of having to touch every little thing, Ava was way interested in everything when I was putting it up, but after a few days, the christmas tree has just blended in with everything, so she doesn't play with really at all. Be sure to keep the glass bulbs up high on the tree, or don't use them at all. We have had our fair share of broken ornaments!

MommyMert said...

I know my hubby isnt so fond of a lot of the Christmas to-dos, etc... I like it though, stess and all. You can buy these little fences that go around the tree that keep your kids out of them. My friend had one, I think she got it at Babiesrus. I would recommend as J ate 2 glass balls... not really ate them but put them in his mouth, crunched it til it shattered in his mouth. I should have learned from the first one, but silly me thought he would. Other than that, take a deep breath, do the things YOU want to do, leave the rest and try to enjoy the season.

Sharene said...

Man Christy, you and I are on the same wavelength. I feel like I should be putting up Christmas decorations now and I have no desire to do it! It might have something to do with me being extremely sick from this aweful cold, but I have no Christmas spirit this year? What is going on?