Saturday, January 17, 2009

Victory!

My life is small but complex. well not that complex, but busy and full of stuff to do. I didn't even shower today...gross. But I have to yell at the top of my lungs and have someone listen to how happy I am.. Guess its gonna be you.
Addison is a gagger/throw-upper. Its her thing. most kids at around 9-10 months can handle a small bit of "human" food ie Cheerios,crackers, etc. and be able to gum it and down it goes, no not Addi. Give a little cracker or something and "Ralph" Time after time, doctor visit after doctor visit.
She puked in the grocery store once after giving her the smallest portion of doughnut you can possibly envision. Not just spit up. The full deal. People stopping and starring, gawking really. One time my good friend Maryina and I went to Applebee's for lunch, I gave her a Cheerio. Gag-Ralph-again not just a small amount. We're talking Mount Vesuvius. I wanted to cry. She was crying, Mary was laughing her head off and saying "now I know what your talking about!" It was a source of alot of worry here at that Dalton's.

Well we've been working on it and I've received lots of advice and I am proud to report that Addi, ate spaghetti for dinner and poppy seed chicken for lunch! She did so great! A little gag here or there but not much, she can kinda control it now. I am so relived that she will not be eating strained food for the rest of her life. Mom is Bustin'

7 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Wow!! I am so sorry. I don't think I realized how bad it was. Yeah for her keeping stuff down finally. I hope it stays that way.

Becky said...

my nephew use to throw up all the time and he actually got a therapist to teach him how to swallow. In orem it would be through kids on the move, I don't know where for provo but if she won't keep it down, you might look into it.

I love the pic of addi in her stripes. Ohhh, that's a squishy little girl you've got!

Let's have a playdate, call me!

The Hall Clan said...

From one puker mom to another--"this too shall pass"

Rachel said...

So excited for you, Christy! Ethan was a throw-upper (turns out it was because of his food allergies!) but I don't think I have any stories to match yours. What a blessing...see? it only gets better...

MommyMert said...

WWOOoHoOOOo!!!!

emlizalmo said...

Yay, yay, yay! We are happy for you, cute little Addison! :)

Michelle said...

YEAH!