Monday, June 22, 2009

Goodbye Boots

our good friend and pet Boots the cat died yesterday. It has been such a hard day for me. I cry just typing this. He somehow got Asthmatic Pneumonia and could not get better. After watching him struggle to breathe for 3 days we decided it was his time to go to kitty heaven. ( which I really believe in , see D&C 77:3) I miss my friend. He was such a good cat, gentle, loving and funny. I will miss him sitting on his window seat, and sleeping with me at night. He was a good mouser and always brought us "presents" at the back door. He was our cat for 7 years. It is a habit of mine to look for him at the back door. It is sad not to see his little face there anymore. Miss you Boots.

10 comments:

The Hall Clan said...

Oh Christy---I'm so sorry. From one cat lover to another---he will be there to welcome you in heaven!!

We still give Mork, our cat who died in 1993, a moment of silence every once in a while.

Old Pa said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty. Even though I am not a big cat person, I do know the pain of losing a pet. You will meet again.

Ken and Lori Banta Family said...

Christy, I am SO sorry about your kitty! He was an awesome cat! I now it's hard but it's better if he was suffering. We'll be thinking about you!

(probably not the time to ask but when you're feeling happier, will you give me call? I would love for you to do a shoot with Lexi for her baptism pictures)

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Oh Christy, that's so sad! I'm so sorry...they really do become part of the family after that long.

MommyMert said...

So sorry C.

emlizalmo said...

I'm so sorry about this Christy. I hope each day is getting a little easier.

Whitney Harris said...

ah sad. I am sorry, that's a long time to have a pet. Hope you are doing better.
On a brighter note we will be moving back to provo in august so plan on some play dates with the girls. :)

Sharene said...

How hard. You can grow so attached to animals, sometimes as much or more than people! I'm so sorry Christy!

Collin and Lee Ann said...

So so so sad....poor little boots!

Michelle said...

Oh Christy. I'm so sorry. I don't understand because I never had a pet, but I know you loved Boots and it would be sad to see anyone that you love go away. Let me know if you need anything.