Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hibernating in the summer...

Hibernating> hi.ber.nat.ing- verb- the art of moving from one air-conditioned dwelling to another in the Utah summer.
Anybody that knows me, well actually anyone in ear shot knows how much I hate summer. Not all of summer. Just 95+ days. Which is most of July and August.
I don't like to sweat in my clothes and be sticky. And I have to wear three layer of clothing ( you know what I mean.) Cursing every time I get in my car because its 1000 degrees inside . Having to lather up every inch of me and Addi with sunblock if we venture out, Its like preparing for deep sea diving. I never have been able to tan-never will. Swimming at the local pool feeling completely inadequate on front of the toothpicks. . . till you see the 400 lb woman and I think " I'm not doing so bad, am I?" sad. Trying to find a bathing suit that remotely hold up the girls while controlling the baby gut, and doesn't ride up the crack ...its out there I know it---the search continues. Fireworks till 11pm-come on people..go to sleep already. Sunrise at 5:30am
One consolation is that the earth is still rotating counterclockwise and it will not be summer forever. Amen-Hallelujah

5 comments:

The Hall Clan said...

oh girl--great post. and you know I say AMEN to that.

Lisa Haws and family said...

When you find that suit... e-mail it to me. Only I will need it in a size XW (extra wide). I hate swimming pools!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Don't come visit us between March-November. You will hate it.

Rachel said...

This is an awesome post. I agree. I'm a "Sprall" kind of girl...spring and fall, that is.

The Zobells said...

Be glad that Uah at least has cool mornings and evenings. Try living in Arizona where 95 is the low for the day.