Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Night "Out"

I was all planned so perfectly. I had a babysitter, Addi fed, make-up on, cute clothes on and ready for a night out with Heath. No No No....my universe doesn't work that way.


6:15 pm enjoying ice cream at my friends Mary's house-its cool, addi's is outside with us having a good time. Killing time before Annie comes to babysit Addi so Heath and I can go out.


6:29 pm ( one minute till Heath is expected home) WHACK!!!!! Addison falls and smacks her head on the metal lawn chair. Lets out a scream I've never heard before and instantly feel panic. I run over to her and she has blood pouring down her little face and I see the gash that is above her eye. It's deep. Does it need stitches? Clean it off with a paper towel -yep! it needs a stitch or three.


Mary and I take her to my house. Look at it one more time to reassure ourselves it needs attention other than a band-aid. Jump in the car and furiously drive to the Insticare-- Addi did great till Mary, I ,and a nurse had to hold her down to get the 2 sutures in. Oh she can scream. Great nurse. Great Friend. Great Doctor. Not a great night out.

Sniffling after it was all done. The nice nurse asked if she wanted a sticker and a prize. In the saddest little voice she says. "yeah

12 comments:

MommyMert said...

oooh.... poor A. Poor Mommy. So hard to go through things like that. At least she got a prize though. Bring her over here and let me watch her, you guys can go out.

Melissa Yergensen said...

So sorry! That is just such a sad story. I hope she is feeling better soon. And I hope you can reschedule your date soon too!

Michelle said...

Poor baby...So scary to see blood on your kids.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Wow. That is a nasty one. She planned it. Of course the little one isn't going to let you have a date night. You should have known better.

Rachel said...

Oh no, I felt stress for you reading this. I hate when I anticipate a night out and then...you fill in the blank. ALWAYS happens, it seems. So glad she's OK.

Loni said...

Oh so sad! Sounds like Ava and Addie like to try out the same things. We are going to have to watch those two like hawks when they get together! Doesn't pinning them down SUCK!!?

Collin and Lee Ann said...

Oh my poor little Addi!! That is such a heart breaker! (mostly the missed night out...kids heal, parents never recover!! ;) Sweet thing!! Take care....P.S. When the hell are we doing a girls night out?

The Hall Clan said...

OH,,,you can SO hold this over her little head---when you were 2 you ruined what was to be the best date night ever!!!

Sharene said...

Oh I'm so sorry! That has been happening so much lately to our little ones, Kami's, mine, yours! It is the worst. I don't know why I didn't go to the instacare instead of the ER. It would have been much faster!

Whitney Harris said...

sad you and Amy took a visit to the ER recently. I am back down here in Springville cause Chris started law school so we need to get the girls together and start a play group or something. Hope all is well.

Becky said...

so sad. Nothing ever goes as planned when you are a mother. I guess it is just something we get use to!. Sorry about that Addi. Hope all is well for you Christy, one day we just may get together!

emlizalmo said...

Oh bless her heart. I am so sorry Christy. It is miserable when your kids are hurting. SO glad you had Maryina with you. :)