Friday, October 16, 2009

A Prayer

I hope this sounds familiar to anyone...

Praying in my bed at 5:45am
"Heavenly Father please let her not wake up right now."
"I'm really tired Lord, and she really needs more sleep than this"
"Please stop crying, please go back to sleep" more crying...not sleeping
"Heavenly Father just let her sleep for 45 more minutes, then I can tackle the day."
"Please go back to sleep baby, mom needs 45 more min. Please!"
"Lord if she wakes up right now, I don't know how I'm going to do it today!"
"Please make her go back to sleep......I'm asking humbly..... I'll be a better person. just let her go back to sleep"

Most of my days start like this. Yours?

4 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I take it she didn't go back to sleep. I hate those days. We put like 50 books in Erica's crib and let her stay in there and read for 30 minutes to sometimes an hour (oops).

Michelle said...

Everyday. Everyday starts like that over here...

Rachel said...

More times than I'd like to admit. And I seem to always pull out the "I'll be... if only you'll do...", too. I'm so sorry...it's such a hard phase. But it IS just a phase and it will pass, I promise! She is welcome to come play ANY DAY with Ethan so you can catch some more ZZZZZs. (I'm serious!)

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

I can actually say now that I know what you are going through and man it is not fun at all!!! Lily has actually been sleeping really well since we got to Altanta but I think she is teething now so she has been pretty fussy and back to her no sleeping habits! Oh the bliss of having children! Miss you guys hope all is well!