Monday, September 15, 2008

The Flu sucks....grossness...beware

For those of you in my ward, you've probably wondered "why have the Dalton's stopped attending church?" There are lots of reasons really i don't like going to church but we won't get into that now.
For that last month Addison has been fighting something, a cold, strep-throat,a fever etc. And I don't want to pass it along. Some people feel it is OK to bring sick kids to church ,but I am not one of them. Keep them home. Anyway, again this weekend our family was blessed with another form of debilitating disease. The FLU. Only this time it got the mom.
I woke up Sunday morning 2:30 am writhing in pain, vomiting, diarrhea, the works! I thought I was going to die, I welcomed death. if anyone has the reason why flu symptoms only strike in the wee hours of the morning I am all ears. Luckily I had some Phenergan from another flu I had. I couldn't even keep that down.
My saving grace was my mother in law watched Addi the whole day at her house. I slept all day...well between the bathroom trips. I felt like I would never feel well again. My mom came with relief aid in the form of Ensure, and Gatorade. Thanks Susan and Marge
But I do fell better today though I did over do it by going to Maceys ( I do this every time I get sick), and Addi or Heath haven't caught the bug yet. (prayers people...i need prayers!)
So no I am not inactive just prone to viruses at this point, I think it will be a long winter.

8 comments:

Melissa Yergensen said...

Flu sucks! Sorry you were sick. It seems like when you get one thing you start getting all the other crap too. At the beginning of the year we stayed home from church for like 2 months because it was one thing after another and everyone thinks you've gone inactive, the RS pres calls and asks "probing questions". Ha! (Just kidding, Michelle! I know you were worried about us :) ) Anyways, hope you start feeling better. If you need anything, just let me know! Soup? Dinner??

Loni said...

I hate the flu! We missed you at the BBQ for Jace's birthday, but we understand. Lots better to be at home within range of your own tiolet than someone elses! Glad you are feeling better!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Sorry you guys are sick. We just got back from the doctor and Erica has her 3rd earache in a month. Would rather have that over the flu, though. Get better. You just need to come to AZ for a few days. (:

Ty, Nat, and Raymie said...

That is a bummer...I hope you are feeling better. Do you need anything? Let me know!!! When you get feeling better...lets go for a walk/stroller ride with our little ones!

candiceshawnshepherd said...

Sorry your sick! Kelsie was sick a week or so ago and it was absolute hell! I'm pretty sure she picked it up from a child in nursery- some parents just don't understand the whole, "no sick kids in nursery" thing! Hope you feel better soon!

Whitney Harris said...

Yuck!! I don't think I have ever had the flu. Knock on Wood. I think it's going around and so I am just going to stay home! Glad you are feeling better and had an excuse to go shopping :). Hope no one else gets it!

Michelle said...

Ick. Sorry. Gavin was sick yesterday and we kept him home. Just so you know we feel the same way.

Sharene said...

Hey I like the look of your blog. For some reason, most of the time it doesn't pull up and I have to control All (so it highlights the whole thing) of the blog just to see it. Anyway, I'm thinking Mornings will not be good for Brielle anymore. She just has such a short time frame where she is happy, and then she is ready to go to bed. Evening, around 6 or 7ish would be much better I think.