Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fall...a tribute

Just some thoughts today about my most favorite time of year. Fall. This last cold snap has cheered me up alot. I just love fall...everything about it. I love home grown tomatoes from my mom's garden, rolling down the window in my car and stick my hand out and it is cold air that I feel. I love that I can wear really cozy pajama's at night and put my down comforter and burrow under it like a hibernating bear. I love old sweaters that i forgot i had, i like buying new sweaters. I love gourds and pumpkins. changing leaves. the need for a jacket and making comfort food like soup and stew. pumpkin bars,bread,pie anything with cinnamon and whip cream really. knowing that thanksgiving is around the corner. The way it makes me want to play tennis (in school sept-oct is tennis season) Leaves changing and driving up the canyon and Heath and I saying to each other "oh Margret look at the leaves" inside joke-you'd have to be there. I just love,love love it! I like the way it smells like the river at my house in the fall. And I miss this all so much during the summer I am so glad it is fall. hope you get as much joy out of it as I do.

9 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

You almost make Utah sound good. By the way, what is "gourd"?

Tara James said...

Hey I had one of those random woman moments. I read your tribute and I started to tear up. I love fall its my favorite too..I know its nothing to cry about. Fall is great.

emlizalmo said...

I LOVE it too! Everything you just wrote about...making my heart beat a little faster just thinking about it! :)

MommyMert said...

HOORAY!!! Love it all too! Thanks for making me feel all cozy!

The Hall Clan said...

oh girl youre speaking my language!!! Of course you know how i hate the heat as well....bring it on fall!!!

Michelle said...

I totally agree. Fall and Spring are my favorites and they are the shortest seasons we have here. Sad. My favorite part? Sweatshirts. I LOVE THEM!

Whitney Harris said...

I agree Fall is the best. It reminds me of hoodie sweatshirts and high school football games. I also hate the heat so bring on fall, we better get it this year since we didn't have much of a spring. I also am excited for sweaters since I was too pregnant to wear them last winter.

Unknown said...

I love the Fall too, and only got to experience a real one in Minnesota. No such thing as Fall here in the land of hot and hotter :) Love the bum shots of Addi from your last post-so so cute!

Ty, Nat, and Raymie said...

I am loving this fall weather too! I love it when you can wear jackets. That is one of my favorite things to buy....jackets! I love it when you can go out for a walk and not die in the heat, or drive up the canyon and look at the colored leaves. I hope this weather stinks around longer. I am not a fan of the snow.
I hope you are doing good!