Monday, March 2, 2009

Is everyting as bad as they say it is

I have been feeling really down lately. Every time I turn on the news, radio, iternet etc. it is blasting me with " the economy is horrible" "the world is collapsing around us" "war, death, homeless people" "the DOW is down AGAIN today" I get so overwhelmed. Is it as bad as everyone is saying it is? Or is it the media blowing it out of proportion, like they always do.

I know things are tough. I feel it, in my pocketbook, I see and hear of layoffs. I am just wondering if anyone remembers 80 years ago(in our history classes and from what our grandparents talk about) how bad The Geat Depression really was, and that we don't have it THAT bad. I am a realist at heart and see things for the way they are. But I don't go hungry, I have a nice place to sleep, family, live in the best place in the world "USA", have gas in the car that I didn't wait in line for. Food at the store that I can buy, albeit expensive these days. Is anyone else feeling this way.

I hear everyone complaining, want the government to fix it. What happened to "make it do, wear it out, use it up, or do without. " Seriously! As a people it makes us stronger to go through tough times than to ride down easy street our entire lives. It hurts. But that is what the Lord put us on this Earth for is to have "TRIALS" The Greatest Generation ever to walk this United States lived through 2 world wars, The Great Depression, The Dust Bowl. Strong, determined people that can make a meal out of nothing. And live through anything.
I just wish the media would say that "hey its bad, but we will get through this just like we make it through everything" Really.

5 comments:

The Zobells said...

I agree Christy. I am so sick of talk radio I am not listening to it right now. I know things are bad, but we can make it!!

Lisa Haws and family said...

amen. hey, how do you find out whose birthdays are on facebook? i got tons of happy birthdays today and i never see anyone's birthdays. is there a setting i can change? i just remembered your birthday, not from a reminder on fb. let me know.

Tara James said...

Amen sister, I totally agree!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Whatever - I want my $800 stimulus check from Obama.

emlizalmo said...

I love this post Christy. It basically sums up how I feel. I am so grateful for all that my family DOES have. Things are tight, no doubt, but like you said...a car (make that 2), a home, health, food.