Thursday, March 19, 2009

Whew! What a week.

I have had a busy, stressfull, emotional week. I am drained. And it is only Thursday.
Sunday I found out that my ever so helpful husband ERASED my sisters wedding pictures from our computer. Not that he did it on purpose, thinking he had made a DVD of them, thinking he had made a back up, Not actually checking. Recycle Bin-Delete! So being the procrastinator that I am I haven't looked at them since November. I went to find the reception, and temple pic on the so called back up DVD, Gone! all gone. WHAT!!!!!!! I freaked, swore, cursed, you name it I said it. my poor husband, I feel bad now but I was in fight or flight mode here people.
Good thing my Bro in Law Jerry is one of those people that actually know show to use the box that we call a computer, one of those people that are a godsend in times like these, but we make fun of the rest of the time. He's that kind. Smart, nerdy, and knows how to retrieve stupid husbands mistakes
After 3 days of a program SCRUBBING! my hard drive and almost getting divorced.(not really but I was really mad) Jerry called and said he found 95% of the pictures.
I was so relieved. I cried, and apologized to Heath. Annie(my sister) came and picked up the DVD yesterday. Thanks a ton Jerry, I don't know how to repay you.

While all this was happening the shit was hitting the fan at work, (sorry for the profanities but that is the only way to describe it. ) After 10 years for working together my friend Kami gave her notice to Dr Craig ( my boss of 10 years too.) He flipped out, yelled at her , yelled at me said a bunch of profanities himself and was down right scary. I've had it, after 10 years of working for the idiot this is how he treats me and my friend. Forget him. I quit on Wednesday.
I do have another job and I start on April 2, If anyone needs a good dentist I do know one. Just not the one I was working for.

I'm exhausted.

7 comments:

candiceshawnshepherd said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that... hooray for finding the pictures, but yikes about Dr.C flipping out! That's pretty sad that he would react that way after 10 yrs!!! Sorry- hope you find a new, funner, way less stress job/ job enviroment soon :)

MommyMert said...

OUCH! I would be mad too. Glad you quit, good luck with the new dentist. Hooray for finding pics!

Natalie said...

Glad Jerry was able to find the pics and good luck with your new job. I'm so sorry that you had such a crappy week-that must have been totally stressful! Hope you can relax, get a Diet Coke and chill with Heath and Addi for a while.

Whitney Harris said...

Glad the pictures turned out okay. I've learned computers can be great or my worst enemy!
As for the Dr. Craig thing, I can't say I am honestly suprized at this point. I am so proud of you for sticking up for yourself. I always hated how he treated us girls. Glad someone stood up to him. I hope your new job goes well, just remember the first week is always the worst....unless you work for Dr C that is :)

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so awkard just sitting up front! They have changed so much and there really is no need for me to be here period! I miss you girls and all your funny things you would say!!!!

Lindsay said...

HEy I miss you i hope everything is alright. and that you are a ton happier. don't worry that james and i are dating now and coby is gone forever. thought i would update you . i love ya lots christy.

The McClure's said...

Hey Christy I found your blog on Candices' I feel awful about Craigers but it doesn't suprise me. Your daughter is so cute I can't belive how fast they grow. I was looking for a baby not a talker and a walker. :) I hope you like your new job is it with the Jones'? I was looking at my wedding picture last week and thought of you and was wondering how you were doing. It seems good. I think Whitney's comment is funny.