Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nana's Peanut Butter Cookies


Funny picture of me and Addi making cookies together. I don't know why the toaster is out.
Nana ( my maternal grandmother) has been pretty sick lately. She has been in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks now. Feeling nostalgic and having her in my thoughts made me want to make her famous Peanut Butter Cookies. I don't give the recipe out to many people. But she would want other people to enjoy them so I am having a change of heart. They really are that good!
Addi liked eating the cookie dough best.
Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/2 C. Shortening (Crisco ONLY! it's the only one that has decent consistency)
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter
3 eggs
tsp of vanilla
tsp of salt (you can taste a difference if you leave this out)
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Banking Powder
3 cups flour
Mix shortening ,PB and sugars until creamy, add eggs one at a time. add vanilla. Mix in dry ing. until incorporated
drop by spoon fulls on cookie sheet and smash with a fork in a criss/cross pattern
350 approx 10-11 min. more or less depending on your oven. till slightly brown.. DO NOT over bake they turn into hockey pucks if you do.




5 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Can you mail us some? Man, I miss your cooking and you too. BTW, nobody would have even noticed that your toaster was out if you didn't say anything.

emlizalmo said...

Oh my gosh...my heart just started to race when I saw the title of this post! Are you really giving us the recipe? Stop my beating heart!!! Woohoo!

emlizalmo said...

OK...so I just went back and read the whole thing...my prayers are with your Nana. It is so hard to see someone you love going through something difficult. SO hard. I hope you are OK. Love to you. :)

The Hall Clan said...

LOVE the butt shot picture. So stinking cute (the 2 of you baking, not your butt). They are marvelous cookies

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Cutest thing ever! I love the picture of you two baking cookies! I just can't wait till my little one comes and I can make cookies with her! By the way loved your pb cookies! BRING US MORE!