Thursday, April 17, 2008

one little sock...

Baby socks are ridiculously cute, I love them. I love to put them on my fingers and I love putting them on Addi, I like the way the smell like bleach, really clean...just out of the laundry smell.
But, I do not like losing them to the sock gnomes that live in my dryer.
I was folding the clothes and I had one baby sock missing, I hate not having everything matched and put away (ocd that's me) so I unfolded all my laundry, searched the entire house, checked the washer, the dryer, her diaper bag, I mean everywhere! I finally gave up after an hour of intense searching.
I started to put her clothes away in drawers--- and there it was! the little p.o.s., right there in her top drawer, starring at me. I felt crazy and very housewife-ish.
Tell me, have I been in the house to long? honestly!~

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I hate loosing ONE sock, too. You should get one of those little mesh laundry bags that's what I put all of Gavin's socks in when I wash them, then they are all together and don't get lost in the laundry black hole!

Rachel said...

Tell me about it! No matter how organized I get, it always happens. I only buy the little white ones now, so that at least they all match. It's hard with little girls, though, 'cause you have to buy all the stinkin' cute ones that go with the dresses and such.

emlizalmo said...

Cheaper to just buy a new pair, that's what I think! I HATE losing a sock. It happens all too often around this house!

MommyMert said...

I put the lost socks into a pile, I figure they will show up eventually. Than I go and buy more. I figure it will just get worse.

Shennon said...

I have learned to not care. If there is a lone sock it goes into their drawer. Eventually it will show up. If it does not "Who cares?" If we worry about the little things we will miss the important things going on around us. So. "Who cares?" Don't sweat the small stuff.