Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Mom

Day 6
This is my mom. I love her. Man she's great. I don't know anyone like her. Heath said the other day "if anyone could cross the plains in a hand-cart, marge would be the one!"
She is tough as nails, she can build-sew-craft-knit-weld-scout-doctor- just about anything ,you name it. She's a pretty great teacher too. I've learned from my mom the best reward is a job well done. Do it and don't do it half-assed.
She says that too-wonder where i get that?
She has been the young men's presidents wife, the scout masters wife, the elder quorums pres wife. the bishops wife. all with a smile and not a complaint that i ever heard.
I gave my mother alot of grief as a teenager. I was wild. not too wild. but just enough to make her hair grey. She loved me through it. Gently and sometimes not so gently guiding me in the right direction. I don't know what i would do without my mom. She is always helping me. Whether helping me finish sew a dress for Addi or baby sitting in a pinch. She is always there and never makes me feel like an inconvenience.
I love you mom.








3 comments:

The Zobells said...

What a great picture of your Mom and Dad. A great tribute to your Mom. Yes she is great and can do a lot of things. I agree with Heath. If anyone could cross the plains it would be Marge.

Loni said...

That is very nice! I love Marge, I think she is great!

PS: I never called you back last night, did you want the cookie recipe? Here it is:
2 c shortening
2 c packed brown sugar
1 c white sugar
4 beaten eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
4-5 c flour, I use enough till the dough is not sticky, then your cookies won't be flat.
1 pkg chocolate chips

Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs and vanilla. Then stir in rest of ingredients. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

Steph B. said...

Your mom is wonderful! She would do anything for anyone in a minute!:)